Air Conditioning Replacement Perth
There are a number of reasons you may need to consider replacing your air conditioning unit. It is always a given that every unit has a lifespan, and after years of usage, parts ay begin to become sluggish or break down all together.
Occasionally, the ducting of the air conditioning unit is in good condition, but what has failed is the system itself. Another common scenario is that the air conditioner may need repairs that are just too costly, and it would be easier to replace the entire unit than invest in expensive individual parts, which may have minimal availability and also incur other associated fees which will beef up your overall costs.
It is recommended that you talk to a professional who can examine whether it is worth you having your entire air conditioning unit replaced. They will be able to quote you on prices, so you can feel comforted in the fact that you are replacing your air conditioning unit with something that is more cost-effective and of a better quality.
A qualified technician should undertake an examination of each component of your air conditioner. They should undertake this process with care, to risk any potential damage to the air conditioning unit or putting you in a position that risks the safety of you or your home. Here are some common signs that you air conditioning unit is in need of being replaced
- It only blows warm air: this is one of the more common signs that a replacement is due, however it depends on a few variables, such as how often you use your unit and the type of climate that you live in. If your air conditioner just will not cool it is an indication that it may be nearing the end of its life.
- You have significantly increased energy bills: if you’ve noticed a significant upward trend in your energy bill balances, your air conditioner may not be working as well as it should be.
- The air conditioning unit is giving off emissions: these can be anything from:
- Bad odours – usually because a unit hasn’t been cleaned correctly over an extended period of time
- Loud noises – which may be a sign that your fan is not functioning correctly, that one of the unit’s parts has loosened, or that dirt is clogging one of the unit’s many internal mechanisms
- Moisture – if the rooms in your house are experiencing some form of frequent moisture or humidity when the system is on, then it may be time to throw in the towel
- Inconsistent temperatures in your home – you may be experiencing rooms with frequent cold areas, or on the flip side, some which do not seem to be able to cool down at all. This could be indicative that your air conditioner is beginning to fail.
- It is in need of excessive repairs – if your unit is in need of multiple repairs every year, it may be a sign that it is starting to wain and a replacement is imminent
Replacing your Air Conditioning Unit
In the event you will require a replacement system, we have a wide range of different machines available at Mouritz in a multitude of sizes that may be suitable replacements for you home, regardless of the brand.
Every single one of our products come fully-equipped with a full 5-year warranty which covers manufacturer parts and labour.
We have an exclusive machine replacement and upgrades service that includes a pre-installation site inspection by a qualified technician who will be able to collate a report on the details of your existing system and confirm all requirements for the installation of your old one.
Our replacement installation process usually consists of the following:
- Decommissioning and removing your old unit,
- fitting new unit to existing duct design and zoning system, and
- reconnecting new unit to existing mains power supply and condensate drains.
Once we have completed the installation procedure we will replace your return air filter and conduct a test run of the system before it is ready to be handed over. We will also supply you with an onsite skip on the day your new system is going to be installed for the safe and convenient removal of your old air conditioning unit and the packaging of your old unit.
Our Air Conditioning Products
If you believe that it is time to replace your air conditioning unit, we have a wide range of products available that you may wish to consider, depending on the individual needs of you and your family.
Click here for information on our applications, products, detail of installation, costs and even arrange for an obligatory in-home quote.
Important things to remember when replacing your air conditioning unit
Choosing a new air conditioner isn’t a decision to be taken lightly. There are many factors to consider, including:
- the size of your house,
- how many rooms it has, and
- whether it’s one or multi-storey.
These variables have a considerable impact an air conditioner’s efficiency and running costs. Remember, the new air conditioning system you buy is not just a machine. It is so much more than that:
- The machine’s brand only equates to 40% of the purchase price of the entire ducted system.
- Installation ducting equates to approximately 30% of the purchase prices and this is not provided by the manufacturer of the machine.
- Other costs, such as: Installation labour, electrical, plumbing amount to approximately 30% of the system purchase price.
For many years, Mouritz has carried out numerous replacements of existing air conditioning systems across Western Australia. If you’re having any issues with your system and feel that it is time for it to be replaced, remember that you can rely on us to get the job done with a quality and reliable replacement service.
Mouritz has an in-house service department and a friendly team of fully trained service technicians, who can undertake your air conditioning system needs in a timely and effective manner.
What Our Clients Say
1986 – 2017
2008, 2017 & 2018
2013 & 2012
2011 – 2014
Fujitsu: Australia’s Most Trusted Air Conditioning Brand
Over 45 years of providing Residential & Commercial Air Conditioning