Do Air Conditioner Brands Really Matter?
Factors to Consider When Buying an Air Conditioning Unit
You’ve probably heard about many of the major brands of air conditioners, and may wonder if it really matters which brand you choose. There are a number of factors to take into consideration when purchasing a new air conditioning unit; what size you will need, the efficiency of the unit, the upfront cost, etc. However, you may not have considered the brand of air conditioner best suited to your needs.
The Quality of the Air Con Unit
You probably want a high-quality air conditioner that is reasonably priced, efficient to run, quiet and maybe even aesthetically pleasing. When choosing the best air con brand for your needs you need to take a few things into consideration:
The size of the air conditioning unit:
You may assume that all air conditioners are pretty much the same, the do the same job, however it isn’t that simple. The type and brand of air con will depend on the size of the area that needs cooling and/or heating. An air conditioner that is too small for the room will be overworked as it tries to maintain the temperature. This can damage the unit over time. Similarly, if the air conditioner is overpowered (too big for the room), it will use more power than necessary, leaving you with high energy costs.
Determine your usage:
Consider if you want to use your air conditioner for cooling alone, or if you plan to use it year-round for both heating and cooling. Reverse cycle air conditioners are suited for heating and cooling, and are useful in climates that fluctuate between extremes. However, if you have other heating methods, or don’t require heating, this may be a feature to leave out.
Consider you budget:
Considering your budget both now and in the future is worthwhile. Upfront costs of air conditioner installations may vary, but it is beneficial to consider the ongoing costs of running your new air con unit. This is when energy efficiency should be considered.
An efficient air conditioner will save money over the long term. Choosing an energy efficient air conditioner can save a lot of money on electricity bills over time. Although these units may cost a little more to purchase, the long-term money saving benefits outweigh the extra initial cost.
Air con features:
The features included with your air conditioning unit can be important, depending on your needs. Actron air conditioning Perth comes with better features such as:
- Stylish designs
- Easy access master switch if the remote goes missing
- A concealed LED display for a clean finish
- Multi-directional airflow
- Turbo Zone to get to your desired temperature fast
- Simple and logical remote
- Optional wired controller to prevent losing the remote
- Mobile control app
All air conditioning units need to be installed by a licensed technician. This means that everything is done correctly and safely, while ensuring that you remain covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Good air conditioning installers such as Mouritz offer the cost of the air conditioner bundled with the installation costs, making the cost process more affordable. However, the price will depend on many factors including: the type of system installed, where you live and the ease of the job. This is why it is important to choose a quality air conditioner installer.
Your Air Conditioner Installer Matters
Choosing a quality air conditioner installer can mean the difference between a smooth installation and problems with breakdowns or repairs. The cheapest quote may not always be the best option. A high-quality reputable business with extensive experience will guarantee a smooth process. With over 40 year of experience and many awards, you can trust Mouritz to supply and install your new air conditioner. Some of the values to look for when choosing a quality installer include:
- Sales process – An open and transparent company, highly knowledgeable in the air conditioners they supply, as well as the installation process. They should educate the customer to choose the best solution for their needs and not just try to sell the most expensive model.
- Organisation – You should expect to be presented with a professional quote with detailed information about the product and installation process once signing up.
- Communication – Good communication shows a company that cares about their customers. There’s nothing more frustrating than not being able to contact a company, or them not returning your calls. If there is poor communication this can be a bad sign of future warranty issues.
- Professional service – Turning up on time for both quotes and installations, or calling ahead to advise of unexpected delays shows professional service. Professional service also includes making sure the customer understands the process and leaves the installation areas clean and tidy once finished.
- After sales service – After your air conditioner is installed, a good company will happily provide after sales service. Any questions, problems or warranty enquiries should be dealt with quickly.
Maintenance and Parts Availability
Another factor to consider when choosing your air conditioning brand and installer is the availability of parts. For services and repairs you want to have parts that are easy to access to have you air conditioner back up and running should anything go wrong. An air conditioner supplier who also has an in-house service department with fully trained technicians (such as Mouritz) can make the process of maintaining and servicing your air conditioning unit a breeze.
Choosing the right air conditioning brand be overwhelming when you are faced with so many choices. There are many brands to choose from and you need to consider the size, efficiency, installation process and special features. An essential part of the process is finding a high-quality installer. This is important not only for the installation process, but also for after sales service if needed.
Mouritz provide high-quality and professional service for many brands of air conditioners including Actron air conditioning Perth. With more than 45 years’ experience, you can rely on Mouritz to guide you through Actron air conditioning Perth installation process with ease. For more information about Actron air conditioning Perth and any other air conditioning enquiries, contact our friendly staff today.
- Actron Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Carrier Air Conditioning
- Commercial Air Conditioning
- Ducted Air Conditioning
- Evaporative Air Conditioning
- Fujitsu Air Conditioning
- Gas Heating
- Panasonic Air Conditioning
- Residential Air Conditioning
- Samsung Air Conditioning
- Solar Installation
- Split system air conditioning
- Toshiba Air Conditioning